Major Research Committees
Terms of Reference
1. To participate in or spearhead development of programs and initiatives designed to further the University’s mandate related to research, scholarly and artistic activities.
2. Provide recommendations to the Office of the Vice-President Research on programs related to the role of centres at the U of S and to the pursuit of research, scholarly and artistic activities in general.
3. In partnership with the Office of the Vice-President, ensure that centre priorities are considered in developing the institutional research and academic agenda.
4. On request, review and provide feedback on initiatives being undertaken by academic (colleges, departments, centres) and administrative units related to the pursuit of research, scholarly and artistic activities.
5. Act as a forum for sharing ideas, concerns, issues and priorities related to the administration and enhancement of research, scholarly and artistic work and other centre activities.
6. Liaise with the Office of the Vice-President Research, the Associate Deans Research Forum and the Research, Scholarly and Artistic Committee of Council with regards to policies related to research, scholarly and artistic activities and the conduct of such activities by members of the campus community.
Vice-President Research or Designate (Chair)
Director, Centres Reporting to the Vice-President Research
- Animal Resources Centre
- Canadian Light Source
- Centre for the Study of Co-operatives
- Community-University Institute for Social Research
- Indigenous Peoples’ Health Research Centre
- Prairie Region Health Promotion Research Centre
- Prairie Swine Centre
- Research and Education for Solutions to Violence and Abuse (RESOLVE)
- Saskatchewan Drug Research Institute
- Saskatchewan Population Health and Evaluation Research Unit
- Saskatchewan Structural Sciences Centre
- Toxicology Centre
- University of Saskatchewan Process Philosophy Research Unit
- Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization
- Women’s Studies Research Unit
Ex officio members:
Executive Assistant to the Vice-President Research
Assistant to the Vice-President Research & Director, Research Services