The Executive Training for Research Application (EXTRA) Program offered by the Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement (CFHI)
The Office of the Associate Vice President Research-Health (UofS)/Vice President Research & Innovation (SHR) is pleased to be facilitating the EXTRA Program. EXTRA gives health system managers across Canada the skills to better use research in their daily work, as a way to increase evidence-informed decision-making in the health system.
EXTRA fellows are trained and supported to acquire:
- knowledge of research evidence (existence, location and relevance/application);
- the capacity to draw on systems thinking;
- collaborative professional relationships; and
- the ability to introduce and manage organizational change.
EXTRA is designed to have short-term and long-term impacts at three levels: on the fellows themselves, on their organizations and on the overall healthcare system. The competition is open to mid-career nurses, physicians, or other health service executives currently occupying a leadership position. Interprofessional team applications can also be submitted.
Key Annual Dates
- 1. SHR Internal Review Date: February
- 2. EXTRA Application Deadline: March
- 3. Results Announced: May
- 4. First Residency Session: August