Employment and Research OpportunitiesChanging Cold Regions Network (CCRN) - Seeking World-Class Students and Post-doctoral Fellows in Water-related Research
CCRN aims to understand, diagnose and predict interactions amongst the cryospheric, ecological, hydrological and climate components of the changing Earth system at multiple scales. CCRN will investigate a set of critical cold region environments, including the Western Cordillera, Western Boreal Forest, Lowland Permafrost and Prairies, and their integrated response at the scales of the Saskatchewan, Mackenzie and Peace-Athabasca basins and the regional climate system.
Effective immediately, applications are invited for graduate studentships and post-doctoral fellowships (PDF) for field and modelling research in the following areas:
- Modelling for the diagnosis of environmental change (1 PDF);
- Land surface and large-scale river basin modelling (1 PDF and 1 PhD);
- Diagnostics of glacier-hydrological regime changes (1 MSc);
- Changing mountain snow and ice hydrology (1 PDF or 2 PhD);
- Coupled hydrological-geochemical modelling (1 PDF); and,
- Sensitivity of tree growth to climate across ecotone boundaries (1 MSc or PhD).