Seminar Series: Veterinary Microbiology
Visit the Veterinary Microbiology seminar page
to view the list of upcoming seminars in the Department of Veterinary Microbiology and at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine.
Department Seminar Series
VTMC 990 Seminar Series, 2012-13
Co-ordinator: Dr. Marko Kryworuchko (306-966-7433)
The general aim of this course is to give graduate students the opportunity of learning how to present and discuss a research work by both presenting their own research work to a general audience and attending other people's seminars. Specific objectives from this series are:
- To get practice in giving a seminar.
- To present a research seminar in a way that a general audience (i.e. people with different scientific backgrounds) will understand.
- To get feedback from the audience that may help to enhance your skills as presenter.
- To get feedback from people that may help to improve your work.
- To be exposed to different specialties within the field of microbiology.
- To contribute to the scientific discussions generated from each seminar.
- Seminars are held on Fridays at 12:30 p.m., either in WCVM 2105 or in the VIDO Lecture Theatre.
- Attendance is mandatory in order to get a PASS grade.
- Seminar evaluations will not be graded.