You should be able to answer the following 10 questions on HD.
1. What Viruses cause HD?
2. The viruses that cause HD are arthropod-borne and therefore infection/disease is seasonal. True or False.
3. What are the geographic distributions of HD and the HD related viruses?
4. If a deer is infected with one of the HD viruses what is the outcome?
5. What are the typical necropsy findings in a deer with HD?
6. What is the pathogenesis of HD?
7. What tissues should be fixed in formalin for histopathology?
8. You can make a definitive diagnosis of HD based on gross and microscopic findings. True or False.
9. What are the best tisseus to submit for virus isolation?
10. A diagnosis of HD can be made from a single serum sample. True or False.
Back to HD Menu