WCVM Molecular Microbiology Laboratory
The WCVM Molecular Microbiology Laboratory is located on the first floor of the WCVM Research Wing. This laboratory offers a range of techniques and specialized equipment to WCVM and University of Saskatchewan researchers.
We can help you with the following techniques:
- Cloning DNA fragments into a wide variety of plasmid and some viral vectors
- Introduction and expression of DNA in mammalian and bacterial cells
- Bioinformatics, including analysis of DNA sequence data and phylogenetics
- Analysis of proteins by SDS-PAGE and immunoblots, ELISA
- Quantitation of nucleic acids by real-time PCR
- Culture, isolation and characterization of bacteria
- Design and application of novel and established molecular diagnostic methods for detection, identification and quantification of microorganisms.
Click on the following links to learn more about the equipment available for use in the WCVM Molecular Microbiology Laboratory:
View images of other specialized equipment that's available in the Molecular Microbiology Laboratory:
- Apparatus for pulse-field gel electrophoresis
- Fastprep bead-beater
- Gel dryer
- Macvector and Assembler software for nucleic acid analysis and assembling sequence data