Carr, Anthony (Tony)
Professor, Small Animal Medicine,
Small Animal Clinical Sciences
Office Location: WCVM 2559
Dr. Carr is currently on leave until April 1, 2014.
- Dr. med.vet., Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
- Internship, University of Missouri
- Residency, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Teaching and Clinical Areas
After completion of his residency, Dr. Carr worked as a clinical instructor and as an emergency clinician before moving to Santa Fe, New Mexico, to work for Dr. Larry Tilley as a telemedicine consultant. In 2000 he became a member of the small animal internal medicine section at the WCVM focusing on internal medicine as well as cardiology. His main teaching responsibilities are clinical medicine, cardiology and the GI system.
Dr. Carr's research interests include electrocardiography, blood pressure and platelet function.
- Carr AP, 2011. "Diagnostic Tree: Hypertension." Clinicians Brief, 9: 11.
- Gaunt MC, Carr AP, 2011. "A Survey of Intestinal Parasites from Dogs in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan." Canadian Veterinary Journal, 52: 497-500.
- Granson HJ, Carr AP, Parker D, Davies JL, 2011. "Cystic Endometrial Hyperplasia and Chronic Endometritis Associated with Hemorrhagic Vaginal Discharge in a Chinchilla (Chinchilla lanigera)." Journal of Veterinary Medical Association, 239: 233-236.
- Egner B, Carr AP, 2010. "Noninvasive Blood Pressure Monitoring: A Review." Clinician’s Brief, 8: 71-74.
- Spevakow AB, Nibblett BMD, Carr AP, Linn KA, 2010. "Chronic Mesenteric Volvulus in a Dog." Canadian Veterinary Journal, 51: 85-88.
- Carr, AP, Egner B, 2009. "Commissioned Review: Blood Pressure in Small Animals Part 3: Hypertension – Target Organ Damage, CNS and Eye – Diagnosis and Treatment Considerations." European Journal of Companion Animal Practice, 19: 111-114.
- Carr AP, 2010. Triad Disease. In G. Norsworthy, The Feline Patient, Wiley Blackwell, Ames, Iowa, 519-520.
- Carr AP, 2010. Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia. In G. Norsworthy, The Feline Patient, Wiley Blackwell, Ames, Iowa, 282-283.
- Carr AP, 2008. Treatment of Hypertension. In Ettinger, S.J., and Feldman, E., (7th Edition), Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 582-585.
- Carr AP, 2008. Blood Pressure Determination: Noninvasive and Invasive. In Knoll J, Vaden S, Smith F, Tilley L (eds): Blackwell’s Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures – Canine and Feline. Wiley Blackwell Publishing, Ames, Iowa, 104-106.
- Carr AP, Panciera DL, Nibblett BM, 2008. Von Willebrand’s Disease and Other Hereditary Coagulapathies: An Update. In Bonagura, J.D., (ed.), Current Veterinary Therapy XIV, pgs. 277-281, Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders.
- Veterinary Forum Magazine (1997 to present): Peer reviewer and Advisory Board member.
- Veterinary Practice News (1999 to present), consultant editor and frequent contributor.