Veterinary Biomedical Sciences
Office Location: WCVM 2329
- BA, University of Saskatchewan
- MSc, University of Saskatchewan
- PhD, University of Saskatchewan
Teaching and Clinical Areas
Dr. Hiebert teaches cardiovascular physiology, neurophysiology and haematology at the undergraduate level. She also teaches cardiovascular toxicology and toxicokinetics at the graduate level. She has an active research laboratory with graduate students with training in both in vivo and in vitro methods.
Dr. Hiebert's cardiovascular research includes the pharmacodynamics of orally administered heparins and related polyanions, and damage and protection of endothelial cells.
- Hiebert LM, Wice SM, Ping T, Herr D, Laux V. 2001. "Antithrombotic efficacy of the low molecular weight heparin, reviparin sodium, administered by the oral route." Thrombosis and Haemostasis. 85: 114-118.
- Hiebert LM. 2002. "Oral heparins." Clinical Laboratory. 48: 111-116 (Review).
- Thomas PA, Tracy BL, Ping T, Wickstrom M, Sidhu N, Hiebert L. 2002. "The relative biological effectiveness (RBE) of 210Po alpha-particles vs. X-rays on lethality in bovine endothelial cells." International Journal of Radiation Biology. 78: 1127-1138.