Office Location: WCVM 1626
- PhD candidate
- Supervisor: Dr. Susan Detmer, Veterinary Pathology
- Home country: Serbia
- Saskatchewan Innovation and Opportunity Scholarship 2012.
- Vetoquinol Epidemiology/Food Safety Award 2011.
- University of Saskatchewan Graduate Research Fellowship 2011-2012.
- University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship 2009-2012.
- Government's scholarship of Kingdom of Norway from the program "For promising generation" for 2001, on the basis of excellent academic results.
- 1996-2002: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine obtained at Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade, Serbia.
- 2009-2012: MSc degree in Veterinary Pathology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan.
Teaching and Clinical Areas
- 2002-2005: Institute of Veterinary Medicine in Belgrade, Serbia, Department for Nutrition and Feed Quality Control.
- 2005-2006: Diagnostic Laboratory in Department for Microbiological Research at Veterinary Specialized Institute in Nis, Serbia.
- 2006-2007: Charles Louis Davis, D.V.M. Foundation, Headquarters in Gurnee, IL, U.S.
- 2007-2009: Institute of Veterinary Medicine in Belgrade, Serbia, Diagnostic Laboratory for Mycotoxicosis.
- 2009-present: Graduate student at Department of Veterinary Pathology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada.
Lab Techniques and Skills:
- Conventional laboratory techniques in bacteriology, mycology, serology, ELISA, molecular biology techniques (PCR, real-time PCR, sequencing), techniques of proteomics (SDS-PAGE electrophoresis, 2D-electrophoresis, Western blot, Size Exclusion and Affinity Chromatography), pathology techniques (necropsy, histopathology, imunohistochemistry).
- Development of antibiotic alternatives for treatment of post-weaning diarrhea caused by F4 positive E. coli.
Jakic-Dimic D, Novakovic P, Nesic K. 2004. "Trichotecens in cattle feeding." Proceedings of 15th International Congress of Animal Reproduction, Porto Seguro, Brazil.
Sinovec Z, Sinovec S, Jakic-Dimic D, Novakovic P. 2002. "Mycotoxicosis: occurence, diagnostic, prevention." Contemporary Agriculture. 51(3-4): 359-365.
Jeremic S, Jakic-Dimic D, Novakovic P. 2004. "Disemination of spring viremia of carp (SVC) in Serbia during 2002-2004 period." Acta Veterinaria. 54(4): 289-299.
Novakovic P, Vlada R. 2004. "Positive effects of probiotics in fish diet." Annual Symposium in Aquaculture with international participation, Tara, Serbia.