Associate Professor, Exotic, Wildlife and Zoological Medicine,
Small Animal Clinical Sciences
Office Location: WCVM 2440
- BSc and DVM, University of Guelph
- MVetSc, University of Saskatchewan
- Diplomate, American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (Avian)
Teaching and Clinical Areas
Dr. Parker is responsible for all cases admitted through the exotic and wildlife service.
Following completion of a residency in avian, exotic and wildlife medicine at the University of Saskatchewan, Dr. Parker was appointed to the Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences as an assistant professor in July 2003.
Dr. Parker's research involves avian, exotic and wildlife medicine including projects related to avian renal portal system, ferret diseases and the rabbit's gastrointestinal system.
- Sadar M, Parker D, Burgess H, Wojnarowicz C, 2011. "Two Cases of Vaginal Bleeding in Pet Rats." Canadian Veterinary Journal, 52: 768-771.
- Sandmeyer LS, Parker D, Grahn BH, 2011. "Diagnostic Ophthalmology." Canadian Veterinary Journal, 52: 801-802.
- Granson H, Carr A, Parker D, Davies J, 2010. "Cystic Endometrial Hyperplasia and Chronic Endometritis in a Chinchilla (Chinchilla Lanigera)." Journal of the American Veterinary Association, 239: 233-236.
- Granson H, Grahn B, Parker D, 2010. "Bilateral Cataracts in a Coyote (Canis Latrans) Pup from Saskatchewan, Canada." Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine, 41(2): 368-370.
- Shrubsole-Cockwill A, Millins C, Jardine C, Kachur K, Parker D, 2010. "Avian Pox Infection with Secondary Candida Albicans Encephalitis in a Juvenile Golden Eagle (Aquila Chrysaetos)." Journal of Avian Medicine and Surgery, 24(1) : 64-71.
- Parker D, 2009. "What is Your Diagnosis?" Journal of Avian Medicine and Surgery, 23(2): 159-161.