Pharr, John W.
Professor, Medical Imaging,
Small Animal Clinical Sciences
Office Location: WCVM 2572
- DVM, University of California, Davis
- MSc (Comparative Pathology), University of California, Davis
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Radiology and European College of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
- Now on reduced (50 per cent) appointment
Teaching and Clinical Areas
Dr. Pharr is a specialist in medical imaging with the Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences. He teaches medical imaging in the DVM program and in various graduate courses and is actively involved in managing the VTH Medical Imaging Service. It was through Dr. Pharr's efforts that CT and MRI became part of WCVM's clinical practice. For many years he has been involved with the WCVM Companion Animal Health Fund.
Dr. Pharr's major companion animal interests are the orthopedic diseases of young dogs, comparative cardiology, and advanced medical imaging (CT and MRI). His major equine interests are the orthopedic diseases of young growing horses and of performance horses.
- Davies JA, Snead ECR, Pharr JW, 2011. "Tussive syncope in a pug with a lung lobe torsion." The Canadian Veterinary Journal, 52: 656-660.
- Webb AA, Pharr JW, Lew LJ, Tryon KA. 2001. "MR imaging findings in a dog with lumbar ganglion cysts." Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound. 42: 9-13.