Professor and Head
Small Animal Clinical Sciences
Office Location: WCVM 2529
A native of Regina, Dr. Shmon returned to Saskatoon to join the WCVM faculty in 1988. She teaches small animal surgery, surgical principles and surgical exercises. She became Department Head in July 2011.
- DVM, University of Saskatchewan
- Internship and Surgical Residency, University of Guelph
- DVSc, University of Guelph
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP)
Dr. Shmon's professional and research interests include soft tissue surgery, neurosurgery, urogenital surgery, injuries in working and growing dogs, and teaching of surgical skills. Her current research area is lumbosacral stenosis.
- Cosford KL, Shmon CL, Myers SL, Taylor SM, Carr AP, Steiner JM, Suchodolski JS, Mantovani F, 2010. "Prospective Evaluation of Laparaoscopic Pancreatic Biopsies in 11 Healthy Cats." Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 24(1): 104-113.
- Gilbert PJ, Shmon CL, Linn KA, Singh B, 2010. "Macroscopic and Microvascular Blood Supply of the Canine Common Calcaneal Tendon." Veterinary Comparative Orthopedics and Traumatology, 23(2): 81-86.
- MacDougall LM, Hethey JA, Livingston A, Clark C, Shmon CL, Duke-Novakowski T, 2009. "Antinociceptive, Cardiopulmonary and Sedative Effects of Five Intravenous Infusion Rates of Lidocaine in Conscious Dogs." Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia, 36(5): 512-522.
- Taylor SM, Shmon CL, Adams VJ, Mickelson JR, Patterson EE, Shelton GD, 2009. "Evaluations of Labrador Retrievers with the Exercise-Induced Collapse Including Response to a Standardized Strenuous Exercise Protocol." Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association, 45: 3-13.