Professor, Small Animal Medicine
Small Animal Clinical Sciences
Office Location: WCVM 2574
- BSc, University of Calgary
- DVM, University of Saskatchewan
- MSc, University of Prince Edward Island
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Dr. Snead completed her internship at the Mesa Veterinary Hospital in 2000 and her residency at the University of Prince Edward Island in 2003.
Dr. Snead's professional and research interests include feline intraosseous cathether placement, bone marrow aspiration and biopsy: are there less painful techniques?
Other interests include all aspects of endocrinology and nephrology in cats and dogs; low stress handling of cats and dogs in a veterinary clinic, clinical communication skills training.
- Davies JA, Snead ECR, Pharr JW. 2011. "Tussive syncope in a pug with a lung lobe torsion." Canadian Veterinary Journal. 52:656–660.
- Beggs AH, Böhm J, Snead ECR, Kozlowski M, Maurer M, Minor K, Childers MK, Taylor SM, Hitte C, Mickelson JR, Guo LT, Mizisin AP, Buj-Bello A, Tiret L, Laporte J, Shelton DG. 2010. "MTM1 mutation associated with X-linked myotubular myopathy in labrador retrievers." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 107(33): 14697-702. Epub. Aug. 3, 2010.
- Dhumeaux MP, Snead ECR, Hung GC, Talyor SM. 2010. "Progesterone intoxication inducing marked sedation in a cat." Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery. 12(10): 811-813.
- Galezowski AM, Snead EC, Kidney BA, Jackson ML. 2010. "C-reactive protein as a prognostic indicator in dogs with acute abdomen syndrome." Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation. 22: 395-401.
- Nibblett BMD, Waldner C, Taylor SM, Jackson M, Knorr LM, Snead EC. 2010. "Hemotropic mycoplasma prevalence in shelter and client-owned cats in Saskatchewan and a comparison of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) — results from two independent laboratories." Canadian Journal of Veterinary Research. 74: 91-96.
- Snead EC, Pharr JW, Ringwood BP, Beckwith J. 2010. "Long-retained vaginal foreign body causing chronic vaginitis in a bulldog." Journal of American Animal Hospital Association. 46(1): 56-60.
- Stewart SA, Gaunt MC, Taylor SM, Snead ECR. 2010. "Entrapment and near-drowning of cats in front-loading washing machines: two cases." Canadian Veterinary Journal. 51(9): 1003-1006.