Assistant Professor, Medical Imaging
Small Animal Clinical Sciences
Office Location: WCVM 2588
- DVM, University of Missouri-Columbia, Missouri, USA
- MVetSc, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Residency in Medical Imaging at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Board eligible for American College of Veterinary Radiology
- Current licensure with Saskatchewan Veterinary Medical Association, Canadian Veterinary Medical Association and American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Member of American College of Veterinary Radiology.
Teaching and Clinical Areas
Dr. Tryon teaches veterinary medical imaging in the DVM program and the graduate/resident training programs at the University of Saskatchewan.
Dr. Tryon's research interests currently lie in MRI technology. Current projects include the use of MRI in the potential diagnosis of degenerative myelopathy in the German Shepherd dog and also the use of MRI in the imaging and diagnosis of lumbosacral disease.
- Farrow CS, Tryon K. 2000. "Fathoming the mysteries of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)." Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association. 36: 1-7.
- Tryon KA, Farrow CS. 1999. "Osteochondrosis in cattle." Veterinary Clinics of North America: Food Animal Practice. Vol. 15 (2): 265-274.
- Tryon KA, Clark CR. 1999. "Ultrasonographic examination of the distal limb of cattle." Veterinary Clinics of North America: Food Animal Practice. Vol. 15 (2): 275-300.
- Pharr JW, Tryon KA, Kendall EJ. 2000. "Magnetic resonance imaging of non-disc diseases of the canine spine." Oral presentation at the EADVI/ECDVI meeting on July 21, 2001 and at the 12th IVRA meeting, August 22, 2000.