Veterinary Biomedical Sciences
Office Location: TRC 13
- BSc, Biola University, USA
- MSc, Washington State University, USA
- DVM, Washington State University, USA
- PhD, University of Illinois, USA
- Clinical and Diagnostic Veterinary Toxicology Residency, University of Illinois, USA
Teaching and Clinical Areas
Dr. Wickstrom is a veterinary and wildlife toxicologist, and academic advisor for the undergraduate program in Toxicology at the University of Saskatchewan. He teaches courses in general toxicology, veterinary toxicology, and wildlife ecotoxicology at the undergraduate and graduate level.
Dr. Wickstrom's research interests include effects of natural toxins, pesticides, metals, and oil field emissions on immune function and DNA integrity in terrestrial wildlife and livestock.
- Thomas P, Tracy B, Ping T, Wickstrom M, Sidhu N, Hiebert L. 2002. "Relative biological effectiveness (RBE) of 210Po alpha particles versus X-rays on lethality in bovine endothelial cells." International Journal of Radiation Biology. 78: 1127-1138.
- Wickstrom M, Blakley B. 2002. "Equine toxicosis: Investigative strategies and approaches for performance horses." Clinical Techniques in Equine Practice. 1: 53-57.
- Rogers VV, Wickstrom M, Liber K, MacKinnon MD. 2002. "Acute and subchronic mammalian toxicity of naphthenic acids from oil sands tailings." Toxicological Sciences. 66: 347-355.