Create New Opportunities | Build Your Networks | Share the Celebration
The Wilson Centre’s Pitch Party marked 10 years of celebrating the successes of Saskatchewan entrepreneurs Monday, November 6, 2017 at a sold-out event.
Pitch Party aims to connect creators, innovators, and entrepreneurs from across different backgrounds, showcase local startups, and get attendees thinking creatively and building ideas.
A highlight of the evening included a keynote from dynamic speaker W. Brett Wilson along with a foreword from special guest Rachel Mielke of Hillberg & Berk.
Pitch Competition Results
The results of the 2017 pitch competition were as follows:
Best Pitch Award – güd eats inc. (Chris Cole)
- “Crave-Worthy Plant-Based Eats” sums up güd eats inc’s approach to fast food that will tempt even the most diehard steak and potatoes fan.
2nd place – Tailfins Sporting Goods Inc. (Lee Price)
- Getting in and out of the water has never been easier. TailFins are swim fins (flippers) that children can safely swim, walk and climb with.
3rd place – Vett Apparel Ltd. (Andrew Ardell & Kris MacNeil)
- Lifestyle and athletic apparel with a story. 10% of every sale made is donated to a Veteran society to support and fund Veteran initiatives.
4th place – Neeched Up Games (Janelle Pewapsconias)
- Indigenous knowledge board games, card games, apps, and educational resources to empower people in Indigenous culture!
5th place – Project Beetle (Rahat Yasir)
- An AI-driven crop diagnostic platform capable of diagnosing, tracking, and predicting crop disease.
Pitch Party showcases local entrepreneurs and support organizations at booths located throughout the networking space. The 2017 list of tradeshow booths included:
- Hillberg & Berk
- Sangoma Medical Medium
- Gravelbourg Mustard
- JT's Tasty Treats
- Indig Inc.
- Hope's Home
- GoMazi - i3 Challenge Winner
- Telltale HRV - i3 Challenge Winner
Wilson Centre Community Partners
- Junior Achievement of Saskatchewan
- Clarence Campeau Development Fund
- Women Entrepreneurs of Saskatchewan
- Innovation Enterprise (IE)
- Square One/SREDA
- SYPE Saskatoon
- Executive Education, Edwards School of Business
Usask Student Groups