The Physical Activity Complex and Membership
The Physical Activity Complex (PAC) features a 13,500 sq ft fitness centre, a triple gymnasium and a 42-foot rock climbing wall. Complementing the facilities are program offerings in aquatics, dance, fitness and special needs. Membership to PAC is open to U of S students, faculty, staff and alumni, as well as non-university employees working on campus.
The Fit Centre, is a 13, 500 sq ft state-of-the-art facility where all members of the campus community have access to weight and cardio equipment as well as staff expertise to maintain and improve their physical health.
The U of S offers a range of affordable swimming programs-from beginner to expert-at two pools. The education pool has Junior Olympic dimensions and depths of 0.9m to 3.05m. The PAC pool has Junior Olympic dimensions, depths of 1.25m to 3.66m, and 1m and 3m diving boards.
The Rock Wall
This is your chance to climb a mountain face on the prairies. Located in the Physical Activity Complex, experienced climbing instructors are on site to teach classes and ensure you have a safe and fun time on the rock wall.
The gymnasiums are located in the Physical Activity Centre and the Education Building. The PAC facility is home to Huskie Athletic events and features a triple gymnasium with 2,500 seats, four convertible racquetball/squash courts, a walking or jogging track overlooking the gym, a dance studio and gymnastics facilities. Home to campus recreation events, the education gym features one full basketball or volleyball court (or two volleyball or basketball courts set up cross court) or eight badminton courts.
Other Recreational Facilities
- The University Curling Rink, featuring six sheets of artificial ice used for campus recreation and faculty and staff leagues.
- Rutherford Arena, open from mid-July to the end of March, is home to Huskie Hockey, campus recreation and public skating time. The arena has an ice surface of 180 ft by 70 ft and seating capacity of 900.
- There are six tennis courts on campus available for the campus community and the general public.
- Griffiths Stadium is home to the university's Huskie football program and the team's home field. The stadium has full concession, capacity for 4,600 and features a 400 m, eight lane athletics track, making the stadium an ideal host for track and field events.
- In addition to Griffiths Stadium, the university maintains 11 other fields that host a wide variety of programs, events, classes, camps, leagues and rentals.
- For walking, jogging and running there are tracks available for use at Griffiths Stadium, the PAC and the Saskatoon Field House, in addition to the many kilometers of trails that exist on campus and around the river banks maintained by the Meewasin Valley Authority.