The Office of CIO oversees the development and execution of the university's technology plan which focuses on supporting the university's 2025 aspirations. Developed in collaboration with strategic partners and built off the pillars of empowering innovation, expanding boundaries and supporting institutional success, the Technology Plan outlines the commitments we are making to enhance the student experience, advance research and scholarly activities and deliver technology solutions that support all members of the university community.
Helping to support the delivery of strategic priorities in the Technology Plan are several internal improvement initiatives being completed by ICT. These initiatives are being carried out under the guidance of the ICT directors to identify opportunities for more efficient internal practices which lead to the improved delivery of IT services for the university. These initiatives include:
- The exploration of how Cloud services can be used as an option to support academic and administration services at the university.
- The continuation of the development of a customer service model which identifies methods to promote IT services and the deliverer of consistent, high-quality IT service to our customers.
- Fostering a security culture at the university to help educate all members of the community of the IT Security Policies and Procedures to help reduce the risk of cybercrime.
- Enhancing the support of Dev Ops for the development and deployment of IT services in a more efficient manner which will also improve performance monitoring.
- Continuing to advance the project management discipline and redevelop some of its internal project portfolio and project management processes.
- Prioritizing system support to identify technologies that are nearing or at the end their end-of-life cycle to leverage opportunities for platform consolidation and reduce or eliminate single point management of the services.