Are you the Next Student Iron Chef?
Student Iron Chef is an annual event, hosted by Culinary Services, that has teams competing with one another for the title of The Next Student Iron Chef. Every year the competition gets more fierce with the dishes becoming more complex and delicious! This year we are cranking things up in the kitchen even more...
We have decided to combine peoples love for reality TV and cooking shows to create the best culinary competition that Usask has ever seen!
- Top 8 teams will be chosen by Friday, January 12th, 2018
- Team video and photos will be taken between January 15 – 19thto feature on our website and social channels. Also, teams will be provided with the items to promote their team on their own personal social channels.
- Beginning Feb 12th, the teams will compete in mini cooking competitions from a random draw. These mini competitions will be filmed and released weekly to campus as episodes.
- The winning teams of these mini single knock-out competitions will continue on in their journey to the finale until 2 teams are left.
- Along with the top 2 teams, there will be a "Voter's Choice" where people can vote to see which team will take the 3rd spot.
- The 3 teams will compete at lunch on March 21st at the Marquis Culinary Centre for the title of The Next Student Iron Chef as well as the top prize valued at $1000.
Once you have registered, you will be contacted by one of our team members to discuss the details of the event.
When: March 21st, 2018
Where: Marquis Culinary Centre
Staff, Faculty, and all Members of Public welcome.