What am I going to learn?
I will learn about:
- Surface and ground water management, treatment and protection
- Air quality treatment, protection and preservation
- Land management and reclamation
- Waste management and utilization
- Site Remediation and reclamation
- Industrial microbiology and biochemistry
- Recycling of materials and energy recovery
- Environmental impact assessment
- Life cycle and sustainability in engineering design
What experiences will I have?
- I will complete hands on laboratory exercises related to environmental engineering
- I will participate in team projects
- I will participate in environmental issues debates
- I will gain experience in engineering design to provide solutions to environmental challenges
- I will participate in building a better environment
- I will have the opportunity to work as an intern during my studies
- I will have the opportunity to complete the Engineering Entrepreneurship Option if this is something that interests me
What can I do with this after I graduate?
- I can design solutions to solve environmental challenges
- I can determine environmental impacts prior to development
- I can enhance society through sustainable development of resources
- I can provide innovative solutions to recycling and reuse of materials
- I can design sustainable energy systems
- I can design remediation and reclamation solutions for impacted sites
- I can develop guidelines for the protection of air, water and soil for future generations
- I can provide water and wastewater treatment solutions
- I can enhance people’s lives through improved housing, energy and urban design
What lens will I use to see the world
- I will be an engineer with a focus on sustainable solutions
- I will work as part of teams to provide improved use of resource and protection of the environment
- I will be interested in developing solutions that improve everyone’s daily lives
- I will work to provide solutions that preserve the environment for future generations
Looking for more?
- Admission requirements, sample classes and more information about this program
- Degree and course requirements
- Department of Civil, Geological & Environmental Engineering
- College of Engineering
- Tuition and student fee estimates by College
- Scholarships and bursaries
- Looking for something to help ease your transition into university? Consider a Learning Community.
- For Aboriginal students with an interest in accessing STEM Degrees learn more about the ASAP STEM Pathways program
Back to list of undergraduate environmental degree programs at the U of S
Ready to apply?
Environmental Programs Coordinator