The President's Staff Excellence Award recognizes staff members who have achieved excellence while demonstrating dedication and commitment to the university’s Mission, Vision and Values and support of the University Plan.
The staff member must be a current employee as of April 30 of the year of the nomination.
- Enhancement of the work environment by providing extraordinary service to the university community.
- Inspiration, support and respect for the endeavours of others.
- Distinction of accomplishment achieved through dedication and commitment to the university’s Mission, Vision and Values and support of the University Plan.
A minimum of five awards* will be given out this year.*Subject to the number of qualifying nominations received.
The submission deadline is 11:59 pm on Friday, March 31, 2023.
Please Note: Late submissions will not be accepted.
All members of the University of Saskatchewan community are invited to nominate an employee for the President's Staff Excellence Award. Each nomination must include:
- a completed nomination form
- a one-page overview/executive summary by the nominator;
- include specific examples of how the nominee meets the criteria of this award;
- nominee’s people leader contact information; and
- one or two letters of support. These letters may be:
- from an internal supporter, for example, students, co-workers;
- from an external supporter as they relate to the work of the nominee at the university; or
- endorsed by one or more individuals.
It is a good idea to inform the nominee's people leader of the nomination so they are aware their employee is being considered for the award.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The President's Staff Excellence Award Committee considers applications of many deserving individuals. In order to assist nominators in preparing the best package possible on behalf of the nominee, we are pleased to provide the following tips for preparing a University President's Staff Excellence Award package.
Choose supporters wisely
Seek letter[s] of support from individuals who have direct knowledge of the nominee and can speak first-hand about his or her contribution. Please limit the length of support letters to 1-2 pages.
Speak directly to each criteria
Commentary included on the nomination form and letter[s] of support must speak directly to the selection criteria and include the specific demonstration of behaviour that exemplifies the selection criteria. We strongly encourage specific linkage to at least two of the values and principles set out in the Mission, Vision and Values and at least one of the elements (Commitments, Aspirations, or Goals) of the University Plan.
Use simple language
Try to avoid technical or discipline-specific terms. If it is not possible to avoid particular terms, explain or define the terms so that non-experts will understand them. It might be helpful to have a non-expert review material that includes technical and/or discipline-specific language for clarity and understanding.
Clearly outline the significance of the contribution
While the significance of the nominee’s contributions may be obvious to you, do not assume it will be obvious to all those who are reading the applications. Help us make the connection between behaviours and/or activities toward specific outcomes.
Deadlines are required so the individuals reviewing the applications have time to give each application the attention it deserves. We appreciate the time and energy that goes into a nomination and we want to give each nominee due consideration.
Take a moment to appreciate the individual you are nominating—we are fortunate to have so many people who meet the criteria for this award and are deserving. And, we appreciate you for taking the time to prepare a nomination.
The selection committee includes representatives from:
- Administrative and Supervisory Personnel Association (ASPA)
- CUPE Local 1975
- Exempt Staff
- People and Resources
- University Relations
- President’s Office