Support Centre Resource Allocation
This information has been approved by the board as of June 26, 2018. The support centres that roll up within the presidential and vice-presidential envelopes are listed below.
(1) Represents subsequent adjustments related to unit reorganizations, PCIP-approved incremental funding, and other initiatives that occurred during 2017/18.
(2) PCIP approved a 3.5% reduction at the envelope level. It is under the responsibility of the president and vice-presidents to determine how this reduction is to be distributed amongst the support centres within their respective envelopes.
(3) Adjustments include funding transfers for position funding, internationalization initiatives, and to support the Indigenous engagement strategy.
(4) Adjustments include funding for internationalization initiatives offset by a reduction in funding to VIDO/InterVac.
(5) Adjustments include funding transfers for position funding, land and lease staff costs, and campus software.
(6) Adjustments include funding transfers from the Vice President Finance and Resources envelope for position funding.
|Provost and Vice-President Academic||Provost / Vice-President Academic office|
|College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies|
|Vice-Provost Faculty Relations|
|Vice-Provost Indigenous Engagement|
|Vice-Provost Teaching & Learning and Student Experience|
|Institutional Planning & Assessment|
|Museums & Galleries|
|Vice-President Finance and Resources||Vice-President Finance and Resources office|
|Information & Communications Technology|
|People and Resources|
|Vice-President Research||Vice-President Research office|
|Associate Vice-President Research|
|Associate Vice-President Health Research|
|Office of Director of Research|
|Centre for the Study of Co-operatives|
|Vice-President University Relations||Vice-President University Relations office|
Revenue Centre Resource Allocation
(1) This represents the change in the TABBS allocation of provincial operating grant (restricted and unrestricted) net indirect costs. The overall decrease is due to decreased provincial operating grant funding available.
(2) Envelopes include a one year lag on tuition allocations. The change in tuition represents the change from 2016/17 actual tuition to 2017/18 forecasted tuition (as at April 5, 2018).
(3) Four percent of the provincial operating grant being allocated to revenue centres was held outside TABBS to be allocated by PCIP based on strategic criteria.
(4) The preliminary envelope represents the resource allocations for 2018/19 prior to updates to final tuition, tuition bridge funding, and other strategic funding decisions.
(5) Calculates the dollar and percentage change between the 2017/18 envelope and the preliminary 2018/19 envelope.
(6) Calculates the dollar change between forecasted tuition (as at April 5, 2018) and final year-end tuition.
(7) Tuition bridge funding is used to fund requests promoting strategic initiatives that create enrolment and tuition growth in revenue. This term funding was provided to revenue centres with strategic initiatives underway with related enrolment and tuition growth costs incurring during 2018/19.
(8) The envelope represents the resource allocations for 2018/19 prior to other strategic funding decisions.
Information on RCM
Please follow this link for more information on responsibility centre management, responsibility centres, resource allocation and the TABBS model.