Next Deadline: Thursday, March 15, 2018
If you would like to have your artwork considered for a journal issue, please note the following instructions and other important information:
- High-resolution images of your work(s) should be emailed to usaskUSURJ@gmail.com.
- Include your full name, email address, phone number, your current major (or, if you graduated in the last two years, your U of S degree).
- If your art is selected for the cover, a detail instead of the whole piece may be used on the cover, but that the full piece will be shown in the journal. We will make every effort to consult with you in the creation of the cover.
- If your art is selected for the cover, it may be somewhat faded to accommodate text, and text may be placed over the image (the USURJ volume and issue number, and name, for example). We will make every effort to consult with you in the creation of the cover.
- Your work will be credited inside the journal and may be featured on a slide at the launch event. It will be used to advertise the journal in multiple forms (bulletin boards, slides, and so on).
- You may submit more than one work, including a body of work. Please do not submit previously-published work or work submitted to other journals for consideration.
- USURJ is an open-access journal. Unless you indicate otherwise, articles and artwork will be published with authors holding full copyright protection. You may also publish under a Creative Commons license (see http://creativecommons.org/licenses/); you can make a final decision on licensing prior to final publication. Work submitted cannot have been published previously and should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- We are not looking for any particular theme or type of work. Photography, paintings, mixed media, and other mediums are acceptable. Please note that the work of art will be selected by a group of 20-30 undergraduate students, two professors, and a graduate student.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
PAST ISSUE'S COVERS: http://www.usask.ca/urj/issues.php